> An article by Marc Andreessen:
>  http://blog.pmarca.com/2007/11/rebuilding-holl.html
>  "What would a new entertainment media company, producing original
>  content, look like in the age of the Internet?"

I didnt really think of this till I read his post:
"Obviously, the less scripted television and film content that's being
produced, the more alienated consumers will shift over to all the new
activities -- and the less likely they will ever go back."

Commercial TV and Movies still draw huge numbers because it's
scripted...which means its about often good storytelling...which
trumps most everything. We all love good stories well told.

As the Writer's Strike continues and the studios keep adding "reality"
TV and cheaper programming to their schedules, the difference between
them and "web video" becomes less and less.

The big question is whether Hollywood writers and producers will go
back to their cells, or realize that distribution is wide open to
whatever they have in imagination. There is money for good ideas well
sold.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com