Hi Jay.

I've been using the Panasonic HVX200 for a few months and I highly
recommend it.

For starters the broadcasters I've been working with won't accept HDV
as a Hi-Def format. HDV can be a nightmare to edit (especially if you
try to hi-res a low-res offline – major sync problems). The HVX200
can shoot DV (tape) and as you probably know records HD to the P2
card. Lately though my projects have been in-studio and I've been
recording 720p through a 15m firewire directly to FC Pro. I've gotten
so used to the workflow that I consider it a hassle to digitize tape.
Yes the P2 cards are stupidly expensive but I've avoided buying one
so far preferring to rent either a P2 card or Firestore drive.

Tony

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: