Not entirely catching your drift there. You shouldnt need anything different in
terms of
encoder to explore the h264 flash stuff. If you already offer h264 as a mov or
mp4/m4v,
you should be able to have that same video play in a webpage in a flash player.

Some existing flash video players probably work already, although most will not
yet utilise
fullscreen mode in the least cpu-hungry way. Some may not work perfectly with
h264, eg
you may have to cheat and rename them to .flv, although quite a few did change
their
code when the h264 beta came out. I need to get up-to-date as to what the score
is with
the popular flash video players in this regard. If you arent trying to improve
these players
yourself, you shouldnt need to buy flash.

Here is a not-particularily great h264 video playing inside flash, that is
shown using a
slightly modified player I messed with a few months ago. Its taxing on the
system due to
the res & bitrate used, I would expect a lot of people to be far more
conservative with
these choices so that slower computers arent excluded. Im not entirely sure if
hardware
fullscreen mode is working on that example, it should be but I may have set
something
wrong back when I wrote it, cant recall. Anyway playback may appear smoother in
fullscreen mode, and for me CPU useage on OS X Leopard was less on firefox 2
than safari
3. The pint is, this is a .mp4 h264 video that had no special treatment in
order to work
with flash:

http://www.unquack.com/mediaplayere.html (latest flash player required)

Anyways I should try shortly with a video that is more normal in terms of res
and bitrate,
but the above gives a rough idea what sort of perforamnce you can expect with
HD stuff,
though it isnt a very good video for studying quality etc.

Cheers

Steve Elbows