I didn't respond because I found your tone to be dismissive and I
found your argument to be extremely weak and didn't really think it
merited a reply. Not trying to egg you on, just trying to be honest.

I've written far too much on this topic here, once again...

But come on...

Writers figuring out how to sell toasters?

Isn't that like Privates or Sergeants deciding what oil rich country
to invade next year?

I thought the writers ideas were chosen specifically for their
ability to sell toasters?

And I"d really like to get off the sitcom thing and talk about News,
which is where the corporate media has not just failed miserably, but
has committed heinous crimes. Their slavish devotion to the corporate
agenda has all but killed this country.

We could talk about Fox and it's peddling of righteous indignation,
creating the most tasteless television shows  and then furthering
Rupey's global domination agenda by railing about it on their news
properties. I believe they are classically conditioning people to
hate self governance and democracy.

Or we could talk about the rampant militarization of the History
Channel, the discovery channel and our heavily scripted Corporate
Sponsored Sporting events.

We could talk about debasing and dehumanizing reality TV shows.

We could talk about CSI Albuquerque.

Sure it's the writers who make those decisions. Evil liberal media.

Don't blame the enlisted men for starting wars, it's the officers and
civilian commanders that do that stuff.

When's the last time you saw a good love story?

When's the last time you saw a human interest show?

When's the last time you saw somebody feel good on TV?

It doesn't happen that often, and that's not because people don't
like that. It's because it doesn't sell.

Cheers,

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv
http://k9disc.com