So you're saying that thanks to Comcast...NBC's torrent traffic is
actually being hindered?  Once again, this is still not evidence that
TV networks are trying to crush us.  Obviously.

btw, I'm Canadian and I use torrents.  i also frequently travel to
different areas of the US for work.  I've never noticed that it's
slower in Canada.

On Dec 31, 2007 12:31 PM, Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually, bittorrent does have a distrubution deal with many partners
>  including NBC.
>
>  Talk to people from Canada whose ISP's have been traffic shaping for
>  a while now, let them tell you how bad it is.
>
>  Heath
>  http://batmangeek.com
>
>  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
>
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >
>  > This isn't evidence that big corporations are trying to crush us.
>  The
>  > last time I checked, neither NBC nor videobloggers used torrents
>  very
>  > often to distribute content. i.e. this community probably benefited
>  > from this move. (i'm not saying I think comcast was right or wrong,
>  > just saying that the transmission speed of vlogs probably got faster
>  > because of this)
>  >
>  > Nor is there reason to believe that the internet as we know it would
>  > slow down. It would likely only speed up for certain services that
>  > pay more. blip.tv and especially youtube would probably become
>  > faster, not slower.
>  >
>  > No one here is "dead on." Net neutrality is a complicated issue.
>  All
>  > i'm saying is that the debate is not evidence that tv networks are
>  > trying to crush us.
>  >

>  > On Dec 31, 2007 11:21 AM, Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > You're dead on and it has already happened, Comcast has admitting
>  > > traffic shaping, slowing upload and I believe download speeds to
>  > > users who were, in there own words, "abusing" the bandwith. So
>  how
>  > > much is abusing? Whatever they decide. So little old me, who is
>  > > uploading a video a day and maybe starts uploading very large
>  files
>  > > because storage is becoming so cheap, all of a sudden I can be
>  > > an "abuser". Oh, Comcast guised it as combating priacy, but if it
>  > > walks and quacks like a duck....
>  > >
>  > > Heath
>  > > http://batmangeek.com
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <k9disc@> wrote:
>  > > >
>  > > > I'm no expert on net neutrality, but my understanding is that
>  the
>  > > > tiered internet concept changes the way content can be
>  received.
>  > > >
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional