I would say that unless you are going to do some hardcore motion graphics
Motion
should suit you fine. You ca do a lot of really amazing stuff with Motion. But
AE is still the
tool of choice for pros but probably not worth getting unless you really need
some of the
advanced features, as it would require not just an investment in $ but also a
big
investment in time learning to use it well.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com
www.billstreeter.net