<1. You should definitely get an experienced pro to come in and do the
lighting setup for you. Then. don't move anything. When you need to
shoot,
turn on lights and shoot. J VERY tough to light green screen right, even
with good equipment, despite what many will tell you.>

As videobloggers, should we NEED to hire people, or indeed buy or hire
expensive kit?

Nah, use flourescent tubes, as Jan said a bulb behind the talent, and
if needed a bit of natural light on the face, maybe a couple of
filtered decorating style flood lamps too.  I have used greenscreen on
many of my videos, and if you follow he few basic steps, you can get
round all this bullshit with a few simple and cheap store bought
alternatives.

for instances click on http://pjkproductions.blogspot.com and maybe
these little gems will help you.

Paul Knight