> I have been looking for a workflow which will allow me to move quickly
> from my HDV video (Sony FX1) from the non square format to square
> format for the web, Blip etc.
>
> I use Vegas pro 8 for NLE and I wish to end up with video encoded to
> various web flavored formats. I realize I can convert the video in the
> editor. I'm looking to find an optimal work flow that involves the
> least personal attention after editing (while encoding) because it
> seems to be very compute intensive. A semi random search for Nirvana
> in the encoding world looks like it will be very time consuming.  I
> have high hopes of finding some sage advice here.

Nothing about editing and publishing HD video is quick. :) My current
editing strategy is to go from HDV to 1280x720 30p video using Sony Vegas
and then uploading the result to Blip. I think it takes about 10 minutes for
every minute of video I publish. You can do it faster, but not if you want
to end up with video that looks good.

Jake Ludington

http://www.jakeludington.com