Hey all
I just finished being a part of the first videoblogging conference/meetup
here in Tokyo, Japan-- what an amazing group of videobloggers here!!

What was good about it is that the first day consisted of talks around how
to easily videoblog (not just youtube, but a variety of services), as well
as some of the more popular Japanese videobloggers talked about their
workflow.  Some work in groups, others work solo.  Some are richly edited
pieces, others are talking heads... just like the rest of us.

A couple of the presenters:

Megwin, one of the most popular vloggers here, does so well that MTV Japan
signed him up to do one video a day for 365 days.  What I love about his
stuff is that his comedy transcends language so non-japanese folks can
understand him.  Check him out: <http://megwin.com>

Another is Tokyo Drift, which is a group travelouge type site.  They all
work remotely and use Senduit to exchange files and rough edits, then use a
private youtube account to show the final edit so they can all approve it,
then it goes live. They came to SF for MacWorld; I wish I knew that so I
could have shown them SF as they have shown me Tokyo. They are here: <
http://tokyodrift.jp/>

And that is just two.

Video People 2008 had about 200 people in attendance!  Much larger than they
even expected; and the group was really into learning about videoblogging;
many of them already have fledgling sites started.

The next day, a bunch of us met up to do this Tokyo Hunt <
http://dougajin.com/tokyo_hunt/>, which was just a reason to go run around
the city and videotape whatever. (My group went to eat Fugu-- which I've
always wanted to do).  Now we are all editing the footage to put up onto the
site.  Stickam.jp livecasted us.  Pretty interesting.

Anyway, I just want to shout out to Tajee for putting on an amazing event!!
 (her videoblog is here: <http://amino-tajee.com/>)  She should be really
proud.

I'm coming back for next year, definitely.

You can see some of my quick reports from here in Tokyo on my blog.  My
edited footage is coming up-- havent had time to sit and edit out here; too
busy seeing the city!

--
Schlomo Rabinowitz
http://schlomolog.blogspot.com