What are you capturing with?  Have you tried HDVSplit?
http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/

That's what I use to capture 24p stuff.  Premiere seems to work fine for
regular 1080i footage with no dropped frames (yet).

I haven't had any dropout problems with either tape format though. And I
haven't seen any other noticeable differences in quality, so I'm thinking
I'll just stick with regular DV and save myself a few bucks a tape.

Adam Quirk
Wreck & Salvage
551.208.4644
Brooklyn, NY