I have had no problem with QT 7.4...but maybe that's because I am
running Leopard and FCP 5.1. While I have not upgraded the FCP suite
to the latest version, I have experienced no problems with either QT
or FCP for a long time. I would also disagree with the statement that
Apple's service has deteriorated...but that's just one
opinion...having been around Apple products since the II+ days, I
think they are doing quite well.