> That sounds like a pretty neat course. I have done Final Cut training at
>  Lodestone before and it was great, highly recommend them for training. They
>  are very thorough. The price does not surprise me. Imagine getting a
>  complete download in 2 days on everything you need to do to start a video
>  podcast. Sure, you could find it all online for free, but that could take
>  months of research.
>  If you're a company who wants to start a show, this makes a whole lot of
>  sense to send your staff to this.

if people will pay it, good on them. its a great place to start for someone new.

about 8 years ago, I paid $1100 for a 2 day Final Cut Pro class.
I paid that money to realize that I had to spend the months of
research and practice to really know FCP.
someone can certainly share their workflow and tips with you, but no
one can make you learn a tool.

Its like $5000 conferences for busy execs who want to get a quick
overview of new tech happenings.
its really no substitute for taking the time to try things out yourself.

Jay

--
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790