There seems to be a desire among some wordpress folks to NOT live up
to the microformats specification on how to present multi-word tags.

Without this fix, wordpress will be actively excluding its users from
being accurately indexed at technorati and other search
engines/aggregators that honor the standards that have been in place
for quite a while now.

If anyone else has been frustrated by not getting indexed correctly at
technorati, or believes wordpress should comply with the microformats
specification, I encourage you to sign up for a trac account and leave
a comments that encourages this to be fixed.

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5964

- Dave

--
http://www.DavidMeade.com