Hey Heath, our families must be kin. When I remind family of a video, they ask
"you still doing that"?
  JC

Heath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I can't even get my family to watch my videos.....but then again,
they know me, so maybe that has something to do with it...

all kidding aside, interesting principal....

Heath
http://batmangeek.com
http://[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The idea is that a videoblogger could make a living from just 1000
> "true" fans:
>
> "what can an artist do to escape the long tail?
>
> One solution is to find 1,000 True Fans. While some artists have
> discovered this path without calling it that, I think it is worth
> trying to formalize. The gist of 1,000 True Fans can be stated
simply:

> A creator, such as an artist, musician, photographer,
craftsperson,
> performer, animator, designer, videomaker, or author - in other
> words, anyone producing works of art - needs to acquire only 1,000
> True Fans to make a living.
>
> A True Fan is defined as someone who will purchase anything and
> everything you produce. They will drive 200 miles to see you sing.
> They will buy the super deluxe re-issued hi-res box set of your
stuff
> even though they have the low-res version. They have a Google
Alert
> set for your name. They bookmark the eBay page where your out-of-
> print editions show up. They come to your openings. They have you
> sign their copies. They buy the t-shirt, and the mug, and the hat.
> They can't wait till you issue your next work. They are true fans."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/32zzlp

Jimmy CraicHead TVVideo Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Craic and Cocktails
www.jchtv.com