I should clarify - the HV20 is NOT a good choice for paid work unless you
are really experienced with it and know how to tweak it, have a client who
understands that "that thing that looks like it came out of a cereal box"
can produce excellent images, and ideally - if you'll be projecting - you
can work with a field monitor or a third party high res LCD for focusing.
The overall image quality is indeed better than its far more expensive
competition, and it does do 24P (as long as you're willing to edit in ProRes
or a similar codec in post), but manual control and focusing require some
serious practice with it.

Brook