On the other hand there is an argument to be made AGAINST shoulder mounted
ENG style cameras for handheld use, depending on one's goals. Straight doc
and news style shooting, yup, great, stability, relative lack of body pain
and otherwise good ergonomics. But once you need to go into a wider range of
compositional possiblities, there is a lot to be said for smaller cameras on
guerilla shoots, despite the additional wear and tear on the
filmmaker/operator's body.
I used to miss shoulder mounted cameras, and even thought about those
shoulder mount attachments for smaller cams. Not anymore. Last time I had to
shoot handheld with a CineAlta my first reaction was how in the hell am I
going to move gracefully upside down and under that table and then whip
around to catch so and so's face from a low-ish angle  right as the come in
the door.

Brook