I am producing a short video for a conference on the Olympics and
media freedom that takes place in Paris next week. The video will be
viewed on a large screen.  It doesn't need to be great quality (I'm
a newbie, so it won't be!)   But it should be watchable.

I have recorded the interviews in mp4 on a Sanyo C40 xacti, using a
Sandisk card.  I can use either moviemaker or powerdirector6
software to edit.  I'd like to know what format to use  for the best
possible quality images on a big screen.

If I use videoconverter I can convert to wmv, flv, mpg, mp4, avi.
With powerdirector I can save it as .mpeg1, .mpeg2, .avi., divX,
avc .mpeg4.

I also have powerdirector options like "write back to dv  tape/hdv
tape (I would need to confirm whether the organizers have tape, and
the appropriate screening device....I don't) and media max (whatever
that is!)

Other options: I can upload it to youtube.  I recall reading about a
trick that made youtube less fuzzy on bigscreens, but don't know
what it is.

I'd appreciate any advice!
jocelyn
U.S. public radio/Foreign Correspondents Club media freedoms
committee
beijing