But I don't think that product placement is nessacarily a new thing
really.  I mean how many shows have you seen where they are
drinking "Coke" or eating at a certain resturant, etc.  Brand
awareness, product placement, it started in Radio and continued in
the early days of TV, I mean heck I even did a spoof myself on it,
back when I first started.

Heath
http://batmangeek.com
http://heathparks.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Personally, I am way more bothered by product placement than
outright
> >  advertising. If I'm going to be fucked with - excuse me I
mean "targeted"
> > by  marketers willing to exploit weaknesses in my human nature to
get me to buy
> >  stuff I don't need with money I don't have before discarding the
packaging
> >  onto a planet that can't take it, I prefer the tactics to be
overt
> >  and conspicuous. And as a maker, the idea of a sponsor dictating
what goes
> >  in the frame is even worse than that of some network hack
telling me to cut
> >  the best material in order to appeal to the lowest common
denominator.
> >  There have to be other ways to make work sustain-ably.
>
> yeah....didnt Quarterlife have a whole story line where they just
hung
> out in a GM car lot...so they just talked about new GM cars?
> I think in the end its all about good stories.
> If the advertising/product placement gets in the way of
that...snooze.

> As Mr Lynch classically says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=F4wh_mc8hRE