I just spent the last week testing and evaluating most of the commonly
available codec’s for delivery including all the different variants of
.264, 3ivx, Divx, xvid, etc. All where possible rendered from within
Sony Vegas 8 but also Virtual Dub, Winff and Quicktime.

Using the same original Mjpeg (from my Canon Tx1) 720p (1280 x 720)
30fps file for all at 1500 kbps and resized to 640 x 360 (which is
perfect for BlipTV flash conversion) the best colour, detail, file size,
stand out result was MainConcept mp4 AVC AAC set at constant bit rate.
This comes shipped with Vegas and until now I had mostly ignored it
because I thought it to be old or inferior to the newer codec’s. How
wrong can you be? My previous workflow was to render to CineFormHD or
Huffy then deliver with H.264 via QT or WinFF.

My videos are mostly all high motion stuff with lots of background
movement (ocean surfaces etc)

The settings were the
 MainConcept standard mp4 template
 Deblocking ticked
30fps
1500kbps
Progressive
640 x 360
Reference frames 2
Aspect ratio 1:1

Would someone else like to try this in Vegas (I used version 6 and 8 -
same result) and confirm.
Cheers Rambo

Check out my Outrigging Blog ... Updated Daily
 HYPERLINK
"http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com"http://rambos-locker.blogspot.com

Checked by AVG.
30/04/2008 6:10 PM