Thanks for the advice on the conversion.  I ended up syncing my sony
minidisc recording to the recording coming from the camera without much
trouble.  The camera I'm using is an inexpensive cannon that offers no
external mic jack or way to adjust the levels on the audio.  If I could
somehow get a way to bring the levels down prior to conversion I don't think I
would have the distortion problem.  If anybody is interested in the
updated clip, here is Julie Lee performing Sam Cooke's "Change Gonna Come" at
our Pottery shop--a sacred song and perhaps one of the best versions I've ever
heard.  Plug in that RCA cable and turn it up!

http://blip.tv/file/950487/

Nick Friedman
www.myspace.com/duckpondatdusk

Check me out!signature