I don't know if it's possible to do a really theatrical web interface but I
have been thinking along those lines for an upcoming project. Meanwhile, I
guess I've just grown to prefer webbier interfaced for video to tv-ish
interfaces. And really, if its a videoblog there is a lot going for the
simplicity of some basic templates out there . Heck look at scratchvideo.tv.
Other than lacking a single big uber-archive (so one doesn't have to
remember what month and year something was posted when trying to find it),
it's simple, clean, and as far as I know it's just a simple prefab typepad
template. I find it much more satisfying than most of the newer video
themes.
But this all comes SO much down to personal taste, and to the type / goal of
the site/person.

Brook