That is awesome Adam, thanks for posting it.
I'm totally in the Life is Richer Thanks to Cartier-Bresson camp here.
Ironically, France now has some of the most restrictive laws regarding
public photography in the western world. C-B could not work there now.

I believe the documentation, analysis and artistic interpretation of
unstaged human public activity is essential for the advancement of art,
life, and knowledge. Speaking subjectively, my world would be infinitely
poorer, both spiritually and intellectually, without the work that has been
done in this area. I would also be a far lesser person - this is the work
that reminds us of our humanity, our connection to other human beings, and
our fleeting existence in time as mortals on earth. The faces and gestures
and actions revealed and captured (and even interpretively altered altered
in some cases) in this work are the real core of understanding humanity,
revealing or provoking aspects of life that words alone - even in those
sciences of human and social behaviour - or staged simulations, lack the
capacity to grasp.

All of that said, the age of hypercommercialization, infinite digital
reproduceability and humans as "property" is making me question my own
perhaps unconscious role in supporting systems I despise through work of
this sort. I've just started a project (not a vlog though) on the subject
which I'm designing partly to attack my own views on this subject and force
me to think about them more deeply.

That's my pretentious take on it. It goes beyond rights for me. Now I'll
shut up before I start ranting and raving about walled communities and the
decline of public space and on and on......

Brook