Yeah - sorry if I wasn't clear.  That seemed like a rebuttal of my
point, but I assumed it'd be clear from the context of everything
I've written here and from my videoblog that I wasn't disagreeing
with Dan's comment that "It looks like it took a team of people being
paid a lot of money to fake something that is much more
interesting....what I've witnessed from this group here."
I agree with that.  Nor was I passing judgement about the content of
the clarkandmichael and the way it's been made, and what it
represents, though perhaps I should have done to make myself clearer.

I was just saying that it's no surprise to me that people with lots
of money fake a cheap look while still spending lots of money instead
of just shooting it the same way people with no money do.  Because
that's how they make more money.

As far as clarkandmichael is concerned, they lost me the moment it
opened when they switched from one camera behind the counter to show
him signing the papers, then to another camera behind him, then back
to the camera behind the counter to show his face.  for a scene of
him doing nothing.  and then they repeated that trick throughout.  if
you're going to fake something, at least fake it well.  this kind of
bullshit totally disrupts your emotional engagement with it and
ability to suspend disbelief.  and theirs, too, by the look of it -
their 'natural' acting is way off and their timing is lousy.  fffft.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv