> Whereas the televsion monitor showed a pleasing pan of the scene, Real
> Player and Windows Media Player are not able to maintain solid images
> of people during the panning with many multiple images blurring and
> shaking the moving picture. This is the exact same clip from the raw
> footage.
>
> Any explanation or solution? Or have I done something wrong?

Some important details are missing here - Are you looking at exactly the
same file in all cases (as in, are you playing the DVD back on your computer
and comparing that to playback of the DVD in your DVD player)? Is the TV
screen an interlaced screen vs. your progressive screen on your computer?
I'm guessing you're seeing interlacing artifacts on the computer but not on
TV. Also the monitor's refresh rate vs. the TV refresh rate can make a
difference depending on what type of content you have (is this 29.97 fps or
24p?)

Jake Ludington

http://jakeludington.com