to add a bit to the good advice Kris gave, when you structure your
progress payments,include an initial deposit which will cover all
your out of pocket costs. if the client refuses, it's a nice early
warning that you won't be getting paid.

i hope you take Jay's advice - it will transform that nasty feeling
ing the pit of your stomach into proof that you are a force to be
dealt with.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jay dedman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > On Monday I want to file a lawsuit in small claims court to have
these
> > videos pulled of the web or for them to pay up. Has anyone in our
> > vlogging community ever dealt with a similar situation? If I were
> > contact Youtube/Vimeo for video removal request, what do they ask
for
> > to proof video ownership?
>
> Kris gave a great rundown of your options IMHO.
> You got to take some responsibility here for doing work for free
without a
> contract.
> This kind of situation asks for trouble.
>
> I think going to small claims court would be more trouble than its
worth.
> might feel good for the revenge factor if you want to put in all
the time
> and expense.
>
> Here's the blogging way of justice:
>
>    1. --Blog about your experience with this company. Write a post
that
>    tells the story and provide links to their site. If they wrote
you emails
>    saying they would pay you, include them verbatim. Unless they
are a fly by
>    night company, they will hate that you're post will show up in
their google
>    reputation.
>    2. --Get your friends to link to this post. Deepen their bad
reputation
>    online with more links. Also, this will warn others who may come
after you.
>    3. --It wouldnt hurt sending youtube and other sites an email
saying that
>    those videos are your work (especially if they have your name).
It's why the