Just like making every letter and image clickable does not mean every
webpage is now a useless mess of adverts, so making every pixel in a
video clickable will not mean that videos become a useless mess of
adverts.

It creates the possibility for us to create endlessly networked
videos without using text, where moving people and things and parts
of the frame will be clickable in just the same way that words and
graphics are.

Web pages have moved from "CLICK HERE" blue underlined links to quiet
intuitive links - words that only highlight when you roll the mouse
over them and the coolness of the New York Times site where you can
double click any word on the page to get a definition or history.

In the same way, hypervideo will soon move away from having visible
overlays to tell you that you can "Click here" - you'll be able to
tell what you can click by rolling your mouse over a person or a
thing.  But we're just at the beginning, so there'll be some mess to
begin with.

When it's mature though, we won't be able to believe that we ever
watched inert TV and videos.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv