OK, I've been searching high and low for a low-cost solution to this
that doesn't involve using phone lines. Essentially it boils down to
this: I live in LA. My co-host lives in Seattle. We'd like to record a
live conversation with similar quality between our voices, meaning I
don't want my voice sounding great and her voice sounding like a
telephone.

The video portion will utilize voice-over while our content plays
beneath. We may also use animation or puppets along with our voices.
Anyway, you can see that it would be less than ideal to have the
voices at different qualities. Are there any tools for recording two
audio streams live from two separate locations that don't involve
thousands of dollars of audio equipment? Thanks folks!

Dom Zook
www.gadzookfilms.com