Hey all,
I'm running into some frame drop issues with a live capture setup I'm
doing.

I'm running a 25' firewire alongside some power and HDMI cables, from my
HV30 shooting in SD to Vegas Pro on a Vista 64bit PC. I'm running a couple
fast SATAs, one running the software and windows, and one capturing the
media. And all other programs are shut down.

Questions:
Is the length an issue?
Is there a possibility of interference from the other cables being next to
it?
Is there a way around either of these?
Do I need some sort of amplifier for the firewire?

This is probably a question for another forum, but I know a lot of you folks
have messed with this sort of stuff before.

Halp.

AQ