Something very similar was planned for the UK, ith ISPs acting as
copyright police. I think our government supported it, Im not sure
what has happened with the issue, whether it is definately happening
here or not.
Filesharing is still atracting lawsuits here, there was stuff on the
news a few weeks back about how various people have been sent letters
claiming they have illegally downloaded & shared pornography, and its
probably happening with games too. There was some discussion about how
much tese people are being fined, how the companies doing the
detection and threatening are taking most of the fine, and only a
small percentage of it goes to the entity whose copyright has been
violated. There are also suggestions that the wrong people are being
written to, either due to bad detection, incorrect IP-time data, or
other people using their broadband via open wifi. The latter is
certainly an issue as there has been some encouragement by the likes f
BT to get people to open up their wifi, so that there are a lot of
hotspots people can use for free.

Personally I dont put this stuff in the same boat as net neutrality
issues, the term is already in danger of becoming meaningless by being
applied too broadly, but this stuff is certainly a related issue in
some sense, it is about internet freedom. Still you now I dont agree
with the notion that companies will try to block indie content in
future, as they already have a huge advantage in terms of promotion
and monetarization mechanisms, and the indies are no threat. The main
threat to indie content distribution is either government censorship
if 'dangerous radical ideas' are rampant on the net in a future world
where there is lots of unrest, or from people struggling to host the
content due to either the video hosts closing down or people not being
able to afford internet access due to economic depression.

Cheers

Steve Elbows