Aha... umm... I guess I'm a big honking idiot.
I failed to realize how cheap the top of the line macbooks were. $2800 isn't
the entry level one either. It's pretty much fully loaded.  Even comes with
4gig ram. This includes shipping, but not tax. Of course it's not actually
shipping until 3-4 weeks, but still.

It was not my intention, nor my friends to post this overpriced. Please
forgive me.

I'd also like to point out the apple factory refurb page has four 2.6 ghz on
sale for $2300
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Those posted on apples site have much smaller drives and only two gigs of
ram, but they're still a superb deal.

I therefore apologize for being a nuisance and suggest if you do want a deal
on one you buy it from the refurb page and buy ram through a third party and
upgrade it yourself.

If you do want to make my friend an offer I supposed you could still email
him. I suspect he might take something around $2500-2700, but to be honest
I'm not sure what would be considered a fail deal now that I've seen the
price on the refurbs and the new models.

On a side note, it's amazing how fast these things depreciate in a year. I'm
quite certain that's at least $1k less then he paid for it.

Still. It's better than the depreciation on a car I guess.

My apologies.

-Mike