Hello Kara,
   Glad to see Spot.us making rounds.

This "community funded news reporting" venture explores both the
future of journalism and social entrepreneurship, so I hope it gains
footing in SF. Hopefully the idea makes its way across other cities,
but I'd ultimately be excited to see a similar model adopted in third
world countries for better news representation. This would totally
compliment Global Voices Online.

Which reminds me, I've got an interview with David Cohn waiting to be
edited and shared.

Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist
http://theory.isthereason.com