Kerry

To the best of my knowledge, you cant bring objects  from Maya into AE. You
need to
render separate passes for RGB, Alpha, ObjectBuffers for each object, then
maybe Depth
passes for each object. Of course you need to export camera data if you want
your 3D
elements to interact with any 2D elements you are creating AE.

If you go to PostForum.com and look for Ko Marayuma in the AE forum, he knows
pretty
much all there is to know about AE. Also there is a very high end pro group
hosted at http://www.media-motion.tv/ Someone in there will be able to help.

Also for what its worth. Cinema4D is the app of choice when working with AE as
it
interoperates very well. You can save an AE project file out of C4D that has
all lights and
camera data intact. It is the choice for almost all broadcast motion graphics
designers
these days. Probably doesnt help you now if you have already invested in Maya,
but worth
knowing if you dont already

Good luck

cheers
adam

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "brogan_kerry" <brogan_ke...@...> wrote:

> Hey all,
>    This doesn't necessarily pertain to videoblogging per-se but I was
> wondering if
anyone
> knows how to import objects/animations from Maya into After Effects. I've
> done a lot of
> searching and I can't find a good tutorial or any plug-in less than $400.
> Any help or
point