For video editing I would look into Premiere...or start with final cut express
and then see what you want to do later.
I started with Final Cut, but it is too limiting in terms of portability of
files and use of multiple formats including still images.

Also, these days, keep it simple, but make a nice 3 second intro graphic.

Or you can use the mobile video cameras like Steve Garfield does so well.

Go get 'em..
Dan