Mine is the gen prior to this - and you're right, looks like the new ones
don't have 400, just 800 (at least that's better than the 1st gen which had
400 but not 800 - I notice a big difference between the two with HD, though
others say its negligible.).
Sorry bout the mixup.

Anyway, Randy, Rupert's advice is still the right advice - take the thing
back and get a mac that talks to your XL1.

Brook