Wow, this is fantastic. You're using a hulu type model.  I like it. I
like it alot. Haven't gotten into the details yet.

I hope you'll be encouraging integration with boxee!!?!?

I hope also you're providing mediaRSS syndicated data to enable
search, general transparency... and of course support with things like
Boxee, XBMC and their ilk. They're the future of TV to web
integration... or web to TV integration.

I don't see page embeds. I think this is highly important... maybe
even a way to point to a specific point in a video.

Love the "buy" button.

Quality is acceptable, but a hare marginal compared to other site.
Hope an "hd" button will be added soon.

I still wish I could download... and technically I can hack away, and
hackers will just like every other site. But the flash model is proven
and pretty much a standard at this point. It's funny how profesional
sites have moved away from this and yet a huge grey market has sprung
up to hack support in.

So?  When did you move to PBS? That's great. I had no idea.

Congrats!

-Mike
mmeiser.com/blog
flickr.com/photos/mmeiser2

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Joshua Kinberg <jkinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to share a freshly launched project with this group -- this is the
> new video portal for PBS, and is a project that I'm truly proud to have been
> a part of (I'm the product mgr).
>
> http://pbs.org/video/
>
> The first thing you’ll notice is that the site has full-length episodes from
> many of the iconic shows on PBS (arguably some of the best programming on
> television). This library of full-length content will be growing
> substantially over time with new content added every week, and eventually
> the goal is to make as much programming available on the web as possible.
> This will include local content, full-length documentaries, and extensive
> archives.
>
> What’s not yet apparent is that this is only the first step of a much larger
> project that will serve many different constituents at PBS — most
> importantly our community of 100’s of local stations. There are components
> that enable stations to publish their own content, share content between
> stations, and build custom online video experiences. We’re also using the
> same underlying platform to power video experiences on various PBS producer
> websites and also PBS KIDS GO! <http://pbskids.org/go/video/>
>
> The whole effort has required a lot of coordination across departments at
> PBS and could not have been possible without extensive collaboration with
> local stations and producers.
>
> There’s still a long way to go and a lot of potential yet to be realized --
> there's a lot of features that didn't make it into this first launch,
> particularly some of the more innovative things that might make it more
> interesting and appealing to this group (aside from the content).
>
> So that's why I'm asking for your feedback here! Please take a look, enjoy
> some of the videos, and feel free to drop a note to let me know what you
> think.
>
> Thanks!
> -----
> Joshua Kinberg