Hi,
I just bought a Panasonic HS200 for 1000dollars and I can tell you I wish I had
bought a tape video camera instead.

First the file is uploaded as M2TS which can't be read by Microsft MM.
second the software that comes with the camera is basic and can only compress
final products in AVCHD or H.264(iPod).

My computer is old and that is a problem, but I can't find a video card to
upload from the Panasonic camera. There are only a few software that will
"truly" upload the film directly from the camera, that is a few can read M2TS.
MovieGate is one such product, but at the moment I am looking at Adobe Premier
Pro.

I have spent four hours trying to solve this problem. If I had bought a tape
camera I would have spent 0 of my time, and it would have worked directly on
WMM.

Like you I wanted to shift to digital, but now I am not so sure.
hope this helps.
Nicolas
--------------------
Gromik Nicolas
Tohoku University
Sendai, Japan
fax=81-22-795-7647
http://www.filmedworld.com/page.php?3
http://nag-productions.blip.tv/?
http://sendai-city-tourism-tohoku-university.blip.tv/
http://eflresources.wikispaces.com/

      Enjoy a safer web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8
optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now.