Hi Jim. Rupert, Jeffrey, Gena, et al -

I have been to both events - Vloggercon, where I was able to meet the
cool grassroots videobloggers in person (even posted a video of me and
Lexi "swimming there - remember Marcus?) and I have been a speaker at
New Media Expo and BlogWorld. And I am a member of IBNMA too.

Everyone I have encountered is "good people" though with very
different agendas.  There is a lot to be said IMO for someone else
providing the infrastructure. Seems to me that has been our biggest
challenge here as a collective of geographically dispersed and
independent-minded peeps.

As well, knowing Jim and Dave form Blog World, I think they more than
most conference organizers, would be open to most any wild and crazy
ideas we might come up with here.

Let's take advantage of the "different space" that now exists. Maybe
some sponsors would offer some scholarship tickets; maybe we can have
an unconference event along side blogworld that would generate more
attendance for both. I have not looked yet at pricing structure for BW
yet but would love to see as much flexibility as possible.

Yes, a lot of the people are in the west - which means they could come
in for a day instead of making a 3-5 day week of it. If the rates
encouraged that.

Love,

Rox

--
Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more