http://blog.dailymotion.com/2009/05/27/watch-videowithout-flash/

*Why does non-Flash video playback matter?*
> ItÂ’s both technical and philosophical, but to make long story short, it
> will allow us to do new, fun things with video. Some examples are on our
> demo page <http://www.dailymotion.com/openvideodemo>. Ultimately, we
> expect this to enable innovation in user experience, SEO, advertising, etc.
> For more on the value of open video, read the article
> here<http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=977>
> .

Pretty exciting that a video hosting site will allow playback of videos in
Ogg. I know its still confusing as to why anyone should use the Ogg video
codec, but I think more compelling examples will keep popping up as creators
figure out the cool things you can do with presentation/interactivity on
HTML 5.

And if you havent watched it already, check out verdi's video where he talks
about a possible future:
http://reports.graymattergravy.com/2009/05/29/open-video/

Jay

--