> But to get back on topic, I am still just not sure if it's the software or
> the hardware that needs to be "open" or if it's just us as
> artists...allowing our works to be a part of another work to create a
> storyengine that tells a whole new story.....

You are correct. Creators just need to keep pushing their own work. I
forget sometimes that most videobloggers (and anyone who puts video on
the web)....are doing it in addition to having jobs, families,
problems, etc.

It's been said again and again: There is no longer a priest-caste to
make movies, videos, stories, journalism etc. But along with this
opening up, there also isn't a clear pattern/format for us to follow.
Infinite possibilities means infinite anxiety.

Might have been have easier when you knew you had to make a 22-minute
TV show, or a 90-minute movie, that was based on very narrow genre
expectations?  The process of bureaucracy and obtaining approval/money
was almost comforting in a solid excuse for not creating? The chase of
the festival circuit was a predictable struggle?

Anyway...i still do think that an "open video/story engine" would
help. The fact that you use Sony Vegas and I use iMovie/FCP...makes it
a little more difficult for us to work together without having to
figure out the technical aspects in between.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com