if you've been editing on imovie 06 for 3 years
*you* might have a violent reaction to imovie 09
in case you do, i have several tutorials on freevlog on how to use it

http://freevlog.org/content/imovie-updating-and-importing
http://freevlog.org/content/imovie-basic-editing
http://freevlog.org/content/imovie-exporting-and-archiving

then you might decide to just keep (or reinstall) imovie 06 after all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAHpPvivzA

-ryanne

--
508-264-0562
http://RyanIsHungry.com

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Robert Yen<b...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> http://tastyblogsnack.com/2009/01/29/imovie-09-editing-tip/
>
>> I think it’s weird that there’s nothing between iMovie 06 and Final
>> Cut Pro. iMovie 08 and 09 is way to basic, and doesn’t have a good
>> enough precision.
>> I loved iMovie 06. Easy to use and fast. iMovie 08 and 09 works
>> better with family movies. At least that’s my opinion.
>
> I've been using iMovie HD 06 (6.0.3) since 2006 with Sony FX1 (HDV,
> analog tape), & it's great.  I heard some complaints on this group
> about later versions of iMovie being "dumbed down".
>
>> And since iMovie 08 seems to be devoid of any of the good movie and
>> audio editing features that 06 had, I’m wondering what other folks
>> are using now if they want to have a good set of editing tools
>> without going to professional software.
>

> I need geotagging for my photos, which will then be bulk uploaded to
> Flickr, with "Flickr uploader".  iPhoto 09 is getting good review for
> geotagging, so I'm considering upgrading to iLife '09.  Anybody have a
> violent reaction to iMovie 07, 08, or 09?
>
> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090404003545AAOYVCP
>> Sorry but iMovie HD is no longer available as a download.
>> Apple removed it with the introduction of iLife and iMovie 09.
>> The links that Apple still has on its download site are only
>> upgrades to the original version 6 which you must have on your
>> computer before it will work.
>> Now the only way that you might still be able to get iMovie HD is to
>> find someone that has an older mac and still has the iLife 06
>> installation disc.
>> Or I have seen iLife 06 discs for sale on eBay.
>> Why don't you upgrade to iLife 09 and the new iMovie 09.
>> It has all the special effects back again.
>> Regards, Zyfert
>
> So, I can upgrade to iLife 09, & install iMovie HD '06 from my discs?
> Yes, according to:
>
> http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5089
>
> Anybody else doing this: dual copies of iMovie HD 06 & iMovie 09?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: