Chad,

Adobe Premiere Elements is a good option for what you want to do.  It
works with a variety of video formats in and out - and also a lot of
ways to tweak the output formats.  I've used it for a while and I like
it.  I don't know what features are missing between Adobe Premiere and
the Elements version though.  I also have it installed on two PCs.

Kenya

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Chad Boeninger <cfboenin...@...>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, Rupert.  Another option is Adobe Premiere
Elements,
> which I can get at an educational discount.  Has anyone had experience
with
> that?  The advantage for me of Premiere Elements is that our license
would
> allow me to install it on my office machine and my home machine, where
as
> the Sony TOS states that it can only be installed on one machine.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
> --
> Chad F. Boeninger
> libraryvoice.com - blog
> libraryvoice.com/videos - videoblog
> twitter.com/cfboeninger
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Rupert Howe rup...@... wrote:
>

> > I would use Sony Vegas, even though it seems like overkill. You
don't
> > have to use all the bells and whistles.
> > There isn't really an intermediate option between that and WMM, I
> > don't think. And it's much better than WMM - even at simple tasks
> > like importing clips, cutting them together and exporting the
finished
> > video in nice formats that aren't WMV.
> >
> > Rupert
> > http://twittervlog.tv
> >

> > On 13-Aug-09, at 8:49 PM, Chad Boeninger wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > I just got one of the new Canon Powershots, the SD 780 IS, and it
> > > records in
> > > 720p HD. I'm looking for a basic editor to stitch and trim clips.
> > > generally use Movie Maker or the FlipShare software with my Flip
> > > Mino and
> > > Canon Elura 60, so I'm not looking for anything too fancy. Since
> > > MovieMaker
> > > won't take .mov files, what do you suggest? I've never used
> > > Quicktime Pro,
> > > and they don't have a trial. Would QT Pro have what I need? I
mainly
> > > post
> > > to Blip.tv, so I don't really know if HD is that important to me
at
> > > the
> > > moment, although I would like to get quality that is better than
my
> > > Flip
> > > (which is why I bought the Powershot in the first place).
> > >
> > > I guess another option is to just use the 640x480 recording mode,
> > > and then
> > > convert the files to AVI with Quick Media Converter or Handbrake.
> > > Converting the HD files to 720x480 AVI(or as close to 16:9 as you
> > > can get)
> > > works okay, and I am able to pull the files into MovieMaker.
> > > However, I
> > > lose the HD and there are some conversion artifacts. What are my
other
> > > options (buying a Mac or a new computer is out of the question) ?
I've