Also, there's something wonderful about embracing the specific
qualities, aesthetics and limitations of lofi equipment.

Most people are trying to get the highest possible quality out of
their cheap or prosumer equipment, shooting by themselves.   You can
sort of fake it - but even the most naive viewer knows what an
expensive and well-lit film looks like.

I've always preferred to go the other way - often you find you've
accidentally-on-purpose added extra layers of interest, truth and
immediacy to what you're shooting.  I think this is why I keep coming
back to cellphones and point & shoots.  And probably why after all
this time of thinking about it, I still haven't forked out for an HD
camera.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv