Ah yes, I know this cam and LOVE IT. I know it as the Zumi Digital and took
it to Mexico for a wedding:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/schlomo/sets/72157622609994593/>

I've taken a bunch of video with it... you are right, there is no audio.
I'll post some up as the videos I have posted so far are private.

I love the camera in the same way I love my Lomo and Holgas. They create a
very specific look.

And like Lomo's, you dont really use a viewfinder, so you just dive into
experimentation.

Schlomo Rabinowitz
http://schlomo.tv
http://hatfactory.net
AIM:schlomochat

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Michael Sean Kaminsky <
kaminsky...@gmail.com> wrote:

> that was from a GQ review i tore from a paper magazine. but i found a
> link to a review with some video:
> http://nicnichols.com/FourCornersDark/?page_id=2434 and also more
> here: http://nicnichols.com/FourCornersDark/?page_id=3549
>
> i'm impressed with the image texture. i'm sure the same can be done in
> after effects but cool to not have to bother.
>
> from nicnichols.com:
>
> "Their goal was to build a digital camera that had the spirit of 110
> film and the nostalgia of your parent’s 8mm home movies. To do this
> they purposely designed what some would call ‘flawed’ chip to capture
> less then perfect colors and contrast. But it was not that simple, the
> chip was the result of careful design to find a balance between image
> quality and image distortion- They took very special care to balance
> the color just a little away from normal- and created a small plastic
> lens instead of the large glass ones used on many digital cameras
> today."
>

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Jay dedman <jay.ded...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Has anyone heard of this cam? It seems a bit gimmicky and is
> overpriced, but
> > > still i am curious. "the visual sensor is tweaked to capture video
> > > reminiscent of super 8: the colors are saturated, the edges
> mysteriously
> > > dark, the images soft and forgiving. like original 8mm cameras it
> doesn't
> > > pick up sound, but it does add an ambient hiss to the background'.
> >
> > Is there a specific link where you reading this review? Sounds cool
> > but could be gimmicky depedning on how they pull it off.
> >
> > jay
> >
> > --
> > http://ryanishungry.com
> > http://jaydedman.com