From: Roxanne Darling <oke...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Copyright Music?
To: videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 4:53 PM

John -

Most likely the large majority (if not all) of that purchased music is full
copyright. Your purchase is for personal use - not any for of re-use or
public broadcast, unless you acquire additional licensing permissions,
generally in bulk via BMI and/or ASCAP.

YouTube is pulling videos that use copy-written music.

There are lots of independent artists however who would love for you to use
their music and give them on-screen credit and on-page links.

http://www.iodapromonet.com is one of my current faves.

Check out the wiki for this group for more:
http://videoblogginggroup.pbworks.com/Places+to+find+Music

Aloha,

Rox

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM, John Coffey
<jimmycrackhead2...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> "I also am very dependent on a layer of music.  Like Verdi had said
> recently
> regarding his use of copyrighted music - "Fuck copyright" - I too often
> disregard it (though it's right to give proper attribution).
>
> What  is copyright music? I've been BUYING lp's, 45's, 78's,
> cassettes mp3's cd's for over 40 years now. Is any ot this copyright music?
> John Coffey

Roxanne Darling
Join us at the reef! Mermaid videos, geeks talking, and lots more
http://reef.beachwalks.tv
808-384-5554
Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv
Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com