Thanks Kath,

Maybe its time I finally looked into how to post videos to a sharing service
such as blip.tv.

Up until now I have never needed anything more than placing the video on my
server and linking to it in a blog post, so I have happily avoided all of
the blips and vimeos and youtubes of the world.

Sigh.

2009/11/24 Kath O'Donnell <alia...@gmail.com>

> hi Frank, sorry I can't recall seeing the embed field in previous uploads,
> but I tried it now with another blip video using the othe other url in the
> blip dashboard list.
>
> eg if I use the permalink for url= http://blip.tv/file/<id> I don't see
> the
> embed field & it fills in all the video details from my blip post.
>
> if I use the episode details url=http://blip.tv/dashboard/episode/<id>
> then
> it does see the embed & I have to fill in all the details - it looks like
> this page hasn't recognized it's a video you u might have to paste the blip
> embed code??
>
> I haven't tried a .wmv file so not sure if that's related?
>
> also, if I use the direct link .flv file as the url then it uses that nice
> player which keeps a snapshot of the video as the background, but you need
> to enter all the description/tags etc manually (just paste from blip).
> can't
> recall having to enter embed code using this method though..
>
> hth
> kath
>
> 2009/11/25 Frank Carver
> <frank.car...@googlemail.com<frank.carver%40googlemail.com>
> >

> > However, I am having trouble with the form to add a video to the 30
> > days videobloggers miro community. The form insists I put something in
> > a field named "embed", but I have no idea what to put there. Can
> > anyone who has done this already give any hints?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: