Hi Jay,
Thanks for the quick reply.  Here's a video I shot last summer while on a 50
mile bike ride.  I shot it with my Flip Mino SD, so granted some of the
handheld on bike action is a little herky-jerky.  I've posted all the videos
from all the services I have accounts with at
http://libraryvoice.com/technology/facebook-video-is-actually-pretty-good  ,
so you should be able to get a decent comparison of the video formats
there.  All I did for the videos was stitch them with FlipShare, and then
render them as 640x480 WMV (the only choice).  All services received the
same file for conversion.

On a different note, I do make my own FLV for screencasts and then upload
that to Blip.  I generally record my screen with Camstudio and then convert
the AVI file to FLV with a program called Quick Media Converter (it's
free).  I only use the Easy conversion settings on the program, and my eyes
think the result is slightly better than the flash conversion at Blip. Quick
Media Converter (http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/) has some advance settings
as well (two pass encoding, bit rate, etc) but I haven't gotten around to
messing with those settings. Perhaps that could be a way to make a better
flash file and then upload to Blip.

Thanks,
Chad

--