Hi,

Just thought this was worth mentioning here. I'm reading a few books on
Dickens to satisfy my inner fanboy and this idea just struck a chord with
me.

Dickens expanded the social/economic scope of the novel while expanding its
> linguistic resources with no regard for class status or stylistic propriety.
> Ultimately, he allowed the reader to regard more of the life around him by
> allowing it to be important enough to get into a novel. He thereby expanded
> the audience of the novel itself.

In a sense this is exactly what videoblogging has done for film and
television. By showing the audience more of the world around them, you show
that all those minor details and in-between moments are actually important
enough to document, thereby decreasing the threshold of importance and
allowing more people behind the curtain of storytelling.

Dickens was a forefather of videoblogging. Pretty badass!

--
Adam Quirk
http://wreckandsalvage.com