Exactly.  Google XML sitemaps and All in One SEO are vital for getting
your posts listed in search results.
Also: AddThis widget plugin to allow easy sharing on social networks
from every post.
Feedburner Feedsmith for Feedburner users - allows you to set your FB
feed as the default autodiscover RSS feed.
Subscribe to Comments to allow people to get further comments in your
posts emailed to them
Wordpress Mobile Plugin to make your site mobile compatible - there
are a couple - there may be a better one now
Audio Player for nice MP3 playing
Also Viddler's Video Commenting plugin.
And I've been meaning to play with Kaltura's WP plugin for ages -
looks very cool.  Would be good for our games, actually.
There's also a plugin called Smart YouTube which I haven't played with
yet, but which looked good when I found it about a year ago.
And various other little ones, like Page Links To, which allows you to
redirect any page in your site to another URL
and Random Redirect, which allows you to create a Random Post button.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 4 Dec 2009, at 18:34, Adam Quirk wrote:

> Akismet, Google XML Sitemaps, and All in One SEO Pack are the three I
> install automatically on any new site.
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Michael Verdi
> <michaelve...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > I've gotten rid of most of the plugins on my site but I like these
> and
> > use them often:
> > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wptouch/
> > http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
> >
> > - Verdi
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Michael Sean Kaminsky
> > <kaminsky...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'm just experimenting for now as well but so far the best totally
> > > amazing plugin is kaltura's. Others have been buggy in terms of
> the
> > > permissions to access my webcam but their interactive video plug
> in
> > > rocks and I love their commitment to open source.
> > >
> > > Sent from my iPhone

> and am
> why you

> > --