Hey Caleb,
   I read about the Solar Kit yesterday. It's great that your project
caters not just to the technology, but to the education on its
possible use as well. This is perhaps the Achilles' heel of projects
such as the OLPC.

It's far more sustainable (i.e. long term) to move into solar,
especially for third-world countries where access to batteries isn't
just costly, but difficult.

My only question is, if this is a self-sustained videoblogging kit,
how are users suppose to know or have access to Internet-connected
computers to upload their file? Internet cafes?

This part seems missing, which makes me wonder if sending them an old
Nokia camera phone with 3G connectivity would be more viable. :)

Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist
http://theory.isthereason.com
This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
email locator: ╔╗╔═╦╗ ║╚╣║║╚╗ ╚═╩═╩═╝