----- Original Message -----
From: "Cris Thomas"

> Your right, the camera has a 1/8 jack not a 1/4. I always get confused on
> the sizes.
>
> The bhp link for the XLR-1/8 adapter cable would work for the physical
> connection but don't I also need to supply power for the Mic?

As someone else mentioned you only need power for a condenser mic that does
not have an internal battery option.

> Ideally I would just like a handheld mic that plugs directly into my
> Panasonic TM300 that provides acceptable sound

There are many dynamic mics that will work. There is a "class" of dynamic
mic called "eng" (for Electronic News Gathering) that are especially well
suited for this type of application.

Some of these include:

Electro Voice RE-50
Shure VP-64 (this is the one I use)
Electro Voice 635a (note: the RE-50 is basically the 635 *inside* a special
housing to minimize handling noise)

I'm happy with my VP-64 but if I would buy another mic I would get the
RE-50.

Richard Amirault
Boston, MA, USA
http://n1jdu.org